This is a continuously growing list of rules by which I live my life by according to my experiences and personal philosophies.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the
next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating
4. Don’t lose contact with family and close friends.
5. Pay off your credit cards every
month.(if you ever get one, I never did)
6. You don’t have to win
every argument. Agree to
7. Cry with someone. It’s better than crying
8. It’s OK to get angry with
God. He can take it.
9. Save what you can starting with your first
paycheck. Emergencies are always around the corner.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. 12. It’s OK to let your spouse see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You
have no idea what their journey is all
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But
don’t worry; it always could’ve been a lot worse.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind and helps to clear the fogginess.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make
19. t’s never too late to have a happy childhood.
But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love
in life, don’t take no for an answer. (not saying it’s ok to stalk someone)
“Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no-one is watching!”
lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is
special. 22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these
words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything, including yourself.
29. What other people think of you is nothing to be worried about.
30. Time heals almost everything. Be patient.
“If it ‘aint broke…..then don’t fix it!”
31. However good or bad a situation is, it can and will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33.. Believe in miracles.
34. Someone loves you because of who You are, not
because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and
saw everyone else’s,we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a
46. You’re only as old as you feel.
47. Be open-minded and accepting, cause you’ll see new things and just might like them.
48. Always listen to that “gut feeling”
49. There’s no such thing as “normal”
50. Perfection is a myth.
51. Enjoy the little things.
52. Actions always speak louder than words.
53. You can’t help those that won’t help themselves.
54. Always fix yourself, cause nobody gives a shit.
55. Stand on your own two feet, and you won’t be disappointed.
56. Don’t rely on others.
57. Trust and respect are earned and can’t be demanded.
58. Play by the rules, most of the time.
59. Loop holes can save your life.
60. Trusting in yourself is more important than others’ trusting you.
61. Some people just don’t matter.
62. Don’t waste your time and energy on other peoples’ problems.
63. Don’t let people drag you into their operas.
64. Being genuinely sweet and kind can save your life.
65. There is such a thing as a “kind stranger”.
66. Lend a helping hand when possible where it’s needed most.
67. There is no such thing as too much of a good thing.
68. Procrastination is deadly.
69. Revenge is an excuse to not forget someone.
70. Let sleeping dogs lay.
71. Always have an escape plan.
72. Suspect everyone; that way you’re never caught off guard.
73. NEVER take little commodities for granted. (like toilet paper, food, clean clothes, and soap)
74. Stop to smell the roses.
75. Avoid confrontation.
76. Never sink as low as the ones that have wronged you.
77. Let verbal assaults roll off your shoulder.
78. Take a stand and be heard when it’s imperative.
79. Don’t let others walk over you.
80. Live, work, love, and fight with honesty.
81. Never lose control of yourself, but stay calm and rational.
82. Never pass up a good thing.
83. Work hard so you can play hard.
84. Don’t take anyone or anything at face value.